From the Barefoot Contessa, this makes a great sidedish or lunch on it's own!
If you see an ingredient you would like to add to your shopping list simply click the icon and the item will be saved in your "Home" under the "Shopping List" link
- add 5 scallions, sliced diagonally (white and green parts)
- add 1/2 cup good soy sauce
- add 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- add 1/4 cup fresh ginger
- add 6 garlic cloves
- add 1/2 cup tahini (sesame paste)
- add 1/8 teaspoon ground cayenne pepper
- add 1/2 teaspoon hot chili oil
- add 1/2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- add 1/2 cup smooth peanut butter
- add 1/4 cup honey
- add 1 yellow bell pepper
- add 1/4 cup sherry wine vinegar (or try 1/8 balsamic vinegar,1/8 red wine vinegar)
- add 1 lb spaghetti
- add 2 tablespoons dark sesame oil
- add 1 red bell pepper
- add 1/4 cup dry sherry
- Place the garlic and ginger in a food processor fitted with a steel blade.
- Add the vegetable oil, tahini, peanut butter, soy sauce, sherry, sherry vinegar, honey, chili oil, sesame oil, and ground peppers.
- Puree the sauce.
- Add a splash of oil to a large pot of boiling salted water and cook the spaghetti until just done, not soft.
- Drain the pasta in a colander, place it in a large bowl, and while still warm, toss with 3/4 of the sauce.
- Add the red and yellow bell peppers and scallions; toss well.
- Serve warm or at room temperature.
- The remaining sauce may be added, as needed, to moisten the pasta.