This goes well with sausage or pork but it also works well if adding leftover heated pork sausage to the dish making a complete meal. Recipe source: Bon Appetit (September 1981)
If you see an ingredient you would like to add to your shopping list simply click the icon and the item will be saved in your "Home" under the "Shopping List" link
- add salt and pepper
- add 6 tablespoons butter
- add 6 tablespoons oil (olive works well)
- add 4 1/2 lbs cabbage, cored and shredded (about 1 large head of cabbage - this is also pretty if using red and green together)
- add 3/4 lb egg noodles
- Arrange cabbage in colander and spinkle with salt. Let stand 10 minutes and then squeeze dry.
- Melt butter and oil in large skillet over low heat. Add half of the cabbage to skillet and cook, stirring until crisp tender. Add remaining cabbage and continue cooking and stirring until tender (15 minutes), adding more butter/oil if necessary.
- Stir in noodles and heat through. Season well with salt and pepper.